CBD infused recipes are a convenient way to incorporate CBD into your daily health and wellness routine. From CBD infused candies like CBD gummies, to CBD brownies and CBD main-course dishes, there are many ways to get your daily dose of CBD by incorporating it into the foods you eat.
There are an increasing number of commercial kitchens and services dedicated to preparing cannabis infused foods and beverages, known as Canna-Kitchens. These services aim to meet the growing demand for CBD and low THC consumables. But what if you don’t have a Canna-Kitchen near you, or you simply want to experiment with creating tasty CBD infused recipes in your kitchen at home? Fortunately, there are many CBD infused recipes worth trying, whether you’re craving a sweet dessert, a healthy snack, or a savory meal.
To learn more about the best CBD infused recipes you can try from the comfort of home, we reached out to a panel of CBD experts and recipe creators and asked them to answer this question:
“What’s your favorite CBD infused recipe?”
Meet Our Panel of CBD Experts and Recipe Creators:
· Eli Rice
Keep reading to learn what our contributors had to say about their favorite CBD infused recipes.
NOTE: The information and opinions expressed below represent the opinions of the individual contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Incredible Edibles.
Sam Williamson is a co-owner of CBDiablo UK, a CBD company based in the UK.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is CBD porridge…”
Although CBD has health benefits, it doesn’t always taste the best. So, in my opinion, the best way to incorporate CBD into your food is to mask the flavor as much as you can, which is why I love CBD porridge. The milky/oaty taste of the porridge hides much of the CBD taste, plus you can add manuka honey to the porridge to add a sweetness. I use CBD paste to mix into the porridge and have it every morning before I get started with my day. It’s a simple recipe, but I find it to be the best way to add CBD to your food.
Liz is a certified sleep science coach and founder of SleepingLucid, a company that aims to raise sleep problem awareness by creating informative sleep product reviews and other helpful sleep-related content.
“As a sleep coach, CBD and its recent developments in sleep science have given us new ground to study and explore…”
As CBD has been proven to calm, relax, and make it easier for users to doze off, it’s not surprising that CBD has been infused in food and drink. One of the best CBD infused drinks for sleep is ‘moon milk’ which is made with CBD oil, coconut water, cinnamon, and ginger. These relaxing qualities make it an effective sleep aid for those struggling with sleep.
Lynell Ross is the founder and managing editor of Zivadream, a website that provides practical advice from professionals in the areas of wellness, relationships, and education. She is also a Certified Health and Wellness Coach, Personal Trainer, and Nutritionist with over fifteen years of experience helping clients to improve their lives.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is Pesto Pasta and Chicken with CBD…”
Try a new twist on this classic Italian dish, which packs a number of health benefits.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp high quality full-spectrum CBD oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt and pepper
Pasta and Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 diced fresh tomatoes
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
Making the Dish:
Place all pesto ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Put blender in fridge (or transfer pesto from blender into a bowl and place in fridge) and let chill for 30 minutes.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook to desired texture, though a little past al dente is recommended.
Cube the chicken breast. Add olive oil to a saucepan, toss in chicken, and begin to sauté. Continue cooking chicken until cooked through, but not overcooked. Add spices to the saucepan while sautéing.
When the pasta is ready, drain and toss it into the saucepan with the chicken.
Next, add in the pesto, diced tomatoes, and fresh parsley. Mix gently but thoroughly. Finish it off with a bit of fresh parmesan, a squirt of lemon, and bit of finishing salt.
Allison Garriga is the Director of Marketing at CBD Kratom.
“Our favorite CBD infused recipe is Chocolate Caramel Brownies using beeZbeeCBD caramels…”
It is easy to make and an absolutely delicious dessert after dinner to help me relax. I have used various brownie mixes, but Betty Crocker’s Milk Chocolate Brownie mix is my favorite.
beeZbeeCBD Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 beeZbeeCBD Original Caramels
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lightly greasing or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place milk, oil and egg in a medium bowl and stir until fully mixed. Add brownie mix. Stir until well blended. Cut each beeZbeeCBD Caramels into small strips.
- Spread ½ of the brownie mix into the prepared pan. Place the beeZbeeCBD Caramels into the brownie batter in the pan. Pour remaining brownie batter on top.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes making sure to not overbake the brownies.
- Cool brownies completely in the pan before cutting.
John White founded CNBS with the mission to provide high-quality, reliable information on cannabis. With so many low-quality cannabis-related websites, John is dedicated to developing the best and most definitive cannabis resource available online.
“After a long day at work, I like nothing more than kicking back with a hot cup of CBD tea…”
It’s the ideal relaxant for me and really helps me to unwind, while also reducing my recurrent back pain.
As it doesn’t contain THC, I also like to take a mug of CBD tea to bed with me to help me sleep more soundly. It takes up to an hour for the CBD tea to set in – like all CBD infused consumables – so if you haven’t tried it before, start with a small amount. Don’t forget to add milk, butter, or coconut to the hot water to make sure your body absorbs the CBD after you drink it.
Danielle Beck-Hunter writes about food and healthy living for the life insurance site, QuickQuote.com. She uses a variety of CBD products for both physical and mental health benefits. CBD products have helped to keep her migraines at bay.
“Practically anything can be made into a CBD infused recipe, and most of us have at least one good story about how we messed one up…”
Whether the highlight of the story is adding too much heat or putting in too much or not enough. Like most efforts in the kitchen, CBD recipes get tastier with practice. One of the best ways to master CBD cooking is to begin with a recipe that is quick, simple, and has few ingredients.
Naturally, the first thing that comes to mind when thinking quick, easy, and healthy is smoothies. Smoothies are great because you can easily measure how much CBD is being used, and it is easy to switch up the flavors. A simple five ingredient smoothie is a banana peanut butter smoothie. CBD has an earthy taste, and using naturally sweet ingredients such as honey, dates, and peanut butter will help balance those earthy flavors.
Just as important as flavor balance is getting the right dosage. Knowing how much you need or can handle is a key factor in getting the most out of CBD infused foods. For smoothies, Hemp Extract Powders or CBD oils are best because each method provides tools that make measuring easy and are easy to blend into any mixture.
CBD Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 frozen peeled banana
- 1-4 dates (adjust to desired sweetness)
- 5.3 oz Greek yogurt (Chobani’s Banana and Oat or vanilla)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- A dose of your preferred CBD oil or hemp extract powder
Blend, then top with honey before serving and enjoy!
Theresa L. Davis has a MSc Chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley. She also writes for BioMD+.
“I love creatively uncomplicated recipes with a healthy twist, timeless classics with a modern take…”
These Guilt-Free CBD Infused Chocolate Cookies are soft and just melt in your mouth. They taste like a brownie. There is a lot of chocolate and a little full spectrum CBD oil in them, and it tastes phenomenal. These are probably the best chocolate cookies I’ve ever had!
Ingredients for 20 cookies:
- 220 g dark, chopped chocolate
- 5 mL (or 500mg) CBD oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup (gluten-free) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 320 g cubes dark chocolate (I added 40ml milk)
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- Melt butter with 225 g of chopped chocolate and CBD oil in a pot. Combine the CBD oil and the softened butter. When the chocolate dissolves, set aside to cool.
- Fit a bowl to a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla on high speed until the mass is light and fluffy.
- Then reduce the speed of the mixer and add melted chocolate. Mix for a moment and add 2/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. The consistency of the dough should be thick, but pouring. (The dough put on a spoon should slowly flow to form patterns. If it melts immediately, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of flour.)
- Cut the remaining chocolate into small chunks and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Now the mass should be very thick and difficult to mix.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange cookies on it.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
After baking, the cakes will be shiny and cracked from the top. We don’t bake them any further because they will be too hard. Enjoy!
John’s extensive acting career includes the iconic roles of Bo Duke on The Dukes of Hazzard, “Jonathan Kent” on Smallville, and Jim Cryer on his current series, Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots. John was also a fan favorite on Dancing with the Stars last fall. John also has over 20 albums to his credit and four #1 singles on the Billboard Country chart.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is Duke Family Apple Cider & Moonshine (CBD Cocktail)…”
This sweet concoction combines a classic Southern dessert with a special twist, courtesy of Uncle Jesse. It’s best enjoyed during a crisp autumn afternoon when sipped on a porch swing – but makes a delicious addition to any hometown happy hour gathering.
- 2/3 cups apple cider
- 5 ounces vanilla vodka
- 5 ounces apple pie moonshine
- 1 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1 mL John Schneider’s CBoD Apple Pie Moonshine CBD tincture
- Thinly sliced apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- To mix your cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker halfway to the top with ice.
- Add the vanilla vodka, apple pie moonshine, and simple syrup.
- Top with apple cider and CBD tincture.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a pint size mason jar and garnish with thinly sliced apples and cinnamon stick, if desired.
Ron Roberts is a retired mechanical engineer who discovered CBD as a great way to relieve stress and discomfort. Now he takes his message to the world as the managing partner at CBDtop10.com, a site dedicated to helping others make smart CBD choices with honest reviews and helpful information.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is CBDelicious Guacamole…”
Guacamole is a simple dish that many people count among their favorites. When people gather for a party or to watch the big game, chances are that guacamole will make an appearance. The main ingredient, avocados, are a staple of today’s low-carb diets (keto, paleo, etc.). I like to combine my daily CBD regimen with my low-carb guac and get a powerful punch of low-carb cannabidiol goodness. Not only is guacamole delicious, but it’s also easy and quick to make.
- 3 avocados – halved, peeled, and pitted
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 ml unflavored CBD oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional – chopped jalapeño peppers
Mash together the avocados together with the CBD oil, lime juice, and salt. When smooth, add all remaining ingredients and stir them in. You can serve your guacamole to an appreciative crowd immediately, but it’s even better if you refrigerate it for an hour or two. You can’t get much simpler than that!
Jamie Bacharach is a Licensed Medical Acupuncturist and the Head of Practice at Acupuncture Jerusalem in Israel.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is CBD chocolate chip cookies…”
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 5 oz CBD oil or tincture
Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. Simply mix the butter, sugar, baking soda, flour, and salt before incorporating the remaining ingredients, leaving the chocolate chips for last. Drop large spoonfuls of the batter onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges begin to darken. CBD oil chocolate chip cookies offer a fantastic and therapeutic treat capable of relieving anxiety and other health issues.
Nancy Baker is the CEO of an online review publication with 100% remote workers. She runs the website ChildMode, which is geared towards kids.
“I am a lip balm addict. I remember the first one I bought with my own money as a child. This recipe is one of the best I’ve tried with a CBD infusion, and I’m sure you will love it too…”
What you will need:
- Lip balm tubes or Lip balm pots
- Double boiler
- Shea butter
- Avocado oil
- Bee’s wax pastilles
- THC or CBD oil tincture
- Peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- Vitamin E oil
- 3 Tbsp Shea Butter
- 6 Tbsp Bee’s wax pastilles
- 3 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp THC or CBD oil
- 1/2 tsp Vitamin E
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint oil or extract (more or less to your preference)
- Remove lids from lip balm containers and spray insides with rubbing alcohol. (No need to dry them out, as the alcohol will evaporate.)
- Add all ingredients to double boiler and allow to melt together slowly.
- Pour all ingredients into a measuring cup or similar container with a spout. (If your double boiler has a spout, no need to transfer mixture.)
- Carefully pour the mixture into lip balm containers.
Sam White, MBA is a marketing manager at Soul CBD. They are a Los Angeles based CBD company founded by brother/sister professional boxers, Mike Lee and serial entrepreneur, Angie Lee.
“We’re fans of this classic basil pesto recipe (Cookie and Kate) from the vegetarian food blog, Cookie & Kate…”
It calls for pine nuts, olive oil, fresh basil, fresh garlic, and parmesan. To add the benefits of CBD oil to this recipe, simply mix in a liberal amount of CBD oil into your olive oil. Swirl your homemade CBD pesto into angel hair or slather it on a sandwich, and you’re set for a fresh and healthy CBD infused meal!
Troy Ivan is the CEO & Founder of ExtractCraft.
“I’m all about the basics, and when it comes to culinary pursuits, I love the traditional…”
I feel people often overthink cooking with cannabinoids because you can include them in any recipe that includes some kind of fat, like oil or butter. For me, it’s most important to make sure you use a clean, quality, and full spectrum concentrate, and then secondly what you are making.
With that in mind, my approach is very simple. I make a decarboxylated, very clean, full spectrum oil concentrate from high quality organically grown hemp. Take that beautiful oil and combine into a carrier like olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, butter, or any other fat base you want, then you have it prepared and ready to include in ANY dish with that carrier.
You can use any of your favorite recipes like brownies, include in a salad dressing or in premade dishes like mac and cheese. My favorite recipe is making the high-potency carrier-based CBD oil itself. Use food-grade ethanol and the method called QWET to make the oil, then combine it in a ratio of 5:1 – 10:1 and that’s all you need for almost anything infused you’d like to create.
Rafid Nassir is a Fitness Coach & Blogger at Veganliftz. Veganliftz is a news, analysis, and opinion platform for everything related to the vegan diet and vegan fitness. Rafid is a health and fitness fanatic, with the main aim of maximizing muscle mass and minimizing body fat with as little time investment as possible.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is CBD Peach Sauce…”
- ½ lb peaches
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp CBD oil
Cut peaches into small cubes and add them with honey and CBD oil in a nonstick pan. Put the pan over a slow heat. When peaches start releasing water and cooking well, mix them well. In a small bowl, mix fine cornstarch in orange juice and pour it into peaches. Keep on stirring correctly. Add cinnamon as the mixture gets thicker. Remove from the heat and add lemon and salt.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Dr. Nikola Djordjevic is a medical advisor at HealthCareers and a CBD enthusiast.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is CBD Infused Vegan Black Bean Brownies…”
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup raw organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar (optional: 2 tbsp maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup of CBD oil or equivalent needing (250mg of CBD)
We all love brownies, so you can still make chocolate brownies without compromising the classic taste and feel of this American household staple. What’s also great about these brownies is that they pack a lot of protein and fiber since wheat is replaced entirely by black beans. These black bean brownies are also vegan, thanks to black beans and flaxseed eggs replacing the traditional ingredients.
To add an extra health kick, you can also substitute cane sugar with maple syrup or honey, and use coconut oil instead of butter. Finally, sprinkle nuts of your choice over the top to create the ultimate healthy brownie that can pretty much replace a regular meal due to its high nutritional content.
The best part is that they actually taste identical to regular chocolate brownies, just keep in mind to tell people they are CBD-infused before they start eating them!
Kathrin Garner is a professional editor, content strategist, and writer. She works with themes connected with marijuana in general and CBD help for health, hair, and skin problems.
“Here are some of my favorite CBD infused recipes I’ve previously made…”
Eli Rice is the PR Coordinator for Balanced Health Botanicals and CBDistillery.
“My favorite CBD infused recipe is Pumpkin Spice CBD Latte…”
Here’s a video of the recipe.
- 2 cups whole milk (almond works, too)
- 2 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- ½ tsp of pumpkin pie spice blend, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup strong brewed hot coffee
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- Your desired amount of CBDistillery™’s CBDelicious powder
- Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice blend and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Whisk milk mixture vigorously until foamy.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add your desired amount of CBDelicious powder. Stir.
- Pour coffee into mugs, about halfway full, and pour the milk mixture on top.
- Top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice blend and cinnamon sticks.
- Sip, relax and enjoy!
Megan is the Founder & CEO of K9 of Mine, a website dedicated to helping owners take the very best care of their four-legged friends.
“My favorite CBD-infused recipe is a CBD dog treat I like to make for my dog…”
He has some anxiety, so it’s a great treat for him (plus, I can eat them too). I’ve also found that my own homemade CBD dog treats are cheaper than buying them from a canine-friendly CBD supplier.
Paul Miller is the President of Lokus Nutrition.
“Here is my favorite CBD infused recipe: Chocolate Mousse with CBD Oil…”
This rich Chocolate Mousse is served in a jar. It’s made with eggs, cream, chocolate, sugar, and CBD Oil. It’s a CBD infused chocolate dessert that doubles as a pastry or dessert filling.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Cooling Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 ounces (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 33 mg Lokus© Full Spectrum CBD Oil (about 2 droppers) for each individual serving
- To a large bowl, add 2 eggs, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat on high until fluffy and thick, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat 1 cup heavy whipping cream until hot to touch or about 135 degrees F. Make sure it’s not too hot, as it could scramble the eggs in the next step.
- With the handheld beaters on low, ever so slowly, drizzle the cream into the whipped eggs. Go slow; you don’t want to scramble the eggs. This gently brings the egg temperature up to the cream temperate, a little at a time.
- Pour the combined mixture back into the pot. Heat on the stovetop over low heat.
- Stir continuously until thickened, about 5-8 minutes. During this time, a thermometer should read 150 degrees F. Do not heat past this point. You may need to adjust your stovetop to lower or higher the temperature slightly. If you do overheat the mixture, run it through a fine mesh strainer to remove any egg lumps. The eggs will be fully cooked at this point.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, mixing until fully combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until thickened.
- Remove from refrigerator. In a bowl, beat 1 cup heavy whipped cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mousse until fully combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour 1/3 cup chocolate mousse into a cup. Stir in 1-2 droppers of Lokus CBD oil.
- Garnish with raspberries, mint leaves, and shaved chocolate chips.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1275IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2.1mg
Mary Ann Rollano is the author of Life Is Better With Tea, an educational blog introducing conventional tea drinkers to the world of specialty tea. She’s also a registered nurse specializing in tea and wellness, and founder of the award-winning MaryAnna’s Tea. Mary Ann has been featured in New Jersey Monthly, the Asbury Park Press, Jersey Shore Magazine, Edible Jersey, Tea & Coffee, Media 140, Jersey Bites, BevNet and TChing.
“I create recipes incorporating tea. I also have been creating recipes with CBD powder, and my Apple Banana Tea Smoothie is perfect for this…”
Apple Banana Smoothie
- Course: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Calories: 251 kcal
- 6 oz. black brewed tea (I use English Breakfast Tea)
- plain Greek yogurt (whole milk)
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon for topping
- 1 tsp CBD powder (20 mg CBD)
- Brew 6 ounces of black tea – I prefer English Breakfast Tea. Chill tea.
- Peel, core and slice apple into pieces.
- Peel and cut a banana into pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into two 8-ounce glasses.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Add a straw and serve.
Yields 16 ounces.